Our Research Room
At our home in Montour Falls, we have a research room that is open for public use for only $5 an hour to non-members. Members can use the research room for free. Xerox copies are $.25 each for all.
Use our research room to see if there is record of your family living here some generations back, or read some of the old diaries we have to get a glimpse of what life was like back in the 19th century or early 20th.
Here is a list of the highlights of the research room:
History of the Museum
Current Museum Exhibits
right; the Brick Tavern as it looks today
below left; ink illustration of the Brick Tavern
below right;the Brick Tavern as it looked in 1900
The Schuyler County Historical Society's
Brick Tavern Museum
built in 1828, is the oldest brick structure in Schuyler County. It was erected as a tavern on the stagecoach route and has also been a Select School for Boys, a boarding house and a home to Dr. Charles D. Clawson, who ran Bethesda Sanitarium nearby. After Dr. Clawson's death it continued as a family home until his grandson, the late Charles Lattin, sold it to the Society in 1974.