Sign up for
Our Mailing List
Upcoming Events & Exhibits
Volume 1 (2008): Issue 1 2 3
Volume 2 (2009): Issue 1 2 3
Volume 3 (2010): Issue 1 2 3
Volume 4 (2011): Issue 1 2 3
Volume 5 (2012): Issue 1 2
Volume 6 (2013): Issue 1 2 3 4
Volume 7 (2014): Issue 1 2 3 4
Volume 8 (2015): Issue 1 2 3 4
Volume 11 (2018): Issue 1 2 3 4
~ The Genealogy Interest Group meets on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Brick Tavern Museum, except for November. The November session will be on Thursday, Nov. 21, at 6:30 p.m. Our special guest will be Diane Basette Nelson speaking about military genealogy.
Historical Society Exhibit Honors Burdett’s Bicentennial
The Schuyler County Historical Society is honoring the 200th anniversary of the founding of the Village of Burdett with a special exhibit opening Tuesday, Nov. 5, at the Society’s Brick Tavern Museum in Montour Falls.
The exhibit will be in place through the end of January.
The Brick Tavern Museum is located at 108 N. Catharine St./Route 14, Montour Falls.
The Historical Society also is partnering with the Burdett Bicentennial Committee to host a series of talk. The upcoming talks in the Burdett Bicentennial Sunday Speaker Series:
- “Beautiful Burdett: Colorful Architecture & Enduring History” by Marty Evans. Jan. 12 at the Brick Tavern Museum. 2 p.m.
- “Agricultural Paradise: Burdett’s Farming Heritage” by Heather O’Grady-Evans. Feb. 9 at the Burdett Fire Department. 2 p.m.
- “The Lehigh Valley Railroad: Burdett at the Crossroads of Early Commerce & Transportation” by Gary Emerson. March 8 at the Burdett Fire Department. 2 p.m.
Burdett was established in 1819. The 200th anniversary celebration began with a daylong event on June 1.
- Friday, Nov. 15: FLXGives, 24-hour day of giving online. Go to FLXGives.org to support the Historical Society.
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 1 p.m.: Seneca County Historian Walt Gable speaks about the Valois Castle at the Brick Tavern Museum.
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m.: Genealogy Interest Group with Diane Basette Nelson speaking about military genealogy.
- Nov. 28 and 29: Closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Saturday, Nov. 30, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Small Business Saturday with a mini craft show at the Brick Tavern Museum.
- Sunday, Dec. 8, 2-4 p.m.: Holiday Open House at the Brick Tavern Museum.
Visit our Facebook page for updates on the programs
Be a member of the Schuyler County Historical Society
See the Membership Page for the 2019 form.
You can receive our quarterly newsletter, The Vista, by signing up to receive our emails! You won't miss out on what's going on at the Schuyler County Historical Society and our museums, including the Brick Tavern Museum. Sign up today!
Back Issues of The Vista
The audio tour of the Brick Tavern Museum is available on your smart phone as an app. Simply download the UNIGUIDE app from the Google Store and look for our tour as "Brick Tavern."
The Schuyler County Historical Society depends on the support of individuals and businesses for our mission to preserve the history of Schuyler County and share it through events, exhibits and programs for the community.
The Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We will send a donation receipt for your records and a heartfelt thank you in response.
Please send your check or money order to:
Schuyler County Historical Society
P.O. Box 651
Montour Falls, NY, 14865
or donate by credit card through PayPal.